Manhattan, KS, United States
Parker Hannifin has a multiple openings for 2nd and 3rd shift Hose Fabricator Assembly Operators. This is a full-time career you can retire from! Apply today for immediate consideration.
We offer outstanding benefits and pay:
• $15.35/hr–$19.21/hr depending on shift
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• Company-paid pension
• Benefits offered on day 1 of employment
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Company-paid life insurance
• Wellness benefit up to $150/yr
• Gym membership discounts offered (select gyms)
• Safety shoe allowance up to $125/yr
• Retention bonuses up to $1,000 within the 1st year
• PPE provided (gloves, earplugs, safety glasses)
• Financial planning available at no cost
• and more!
Depending upon the placement, As a Hose Fabricator Assembly Operator you will measure and cut the hose to length per packaging spec, wind the hose onto a spool or coil hose, and place it in a box and be responsible for the final inspection of the finished hose. You may operate the mandrel weld and splice machines (set laser O.D.) and blow the mandrel out of the hose. Placement may also include operating the lead stripper and the wire winder equipment and operating a forklift if needed.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED (we will consider applicants enrolled in GED program)
• Production work experience is preferred but not required
• Operate all Inspect and Pack lines, and applicable software, according to procedure.
• Monitor production equipment while in operation to ensure the quality of the product.
• Ensure that production equipment is safe and that while in operation, it is run safely by all personnel.
• Use Pi Tapes and Plug Gauges correctly to ensure the quality of the product.
• Identify and eliminate known defects and document all good and non-conforming products.
• Strip white lead off hose for reuse in white lead system.
• Keep white lead grinders operating at full capacity.
• Keep white lead extruder supplied with regrind white lead.
• Send hose to mandrel blow out for further disposition.
• Provide required samples to the QA department.
• Identify and eliminate known defects.
• Document acceptable and non-conforming product.
• Correctly fill out required paperwork daily.
• Train new employees as needed.
• Detect and report problem areas or unusual conditions to supervisor.
• Perform related and other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities, and activities that present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
• Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by efficiently operating the equipment.
• Maintain production schedules.
• Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
• Work closely with Maintenance to resolve issues with the equipment.
• Report directly to Value Stream Team Leader.
• Other duties may be assigned at a later time.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Must pass pre-employment screening
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Basic knowledge and use of hand tools
• Sound decision-making skills
• Good math, reading, writing skills
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio attention
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes to take appropriate action
• Vision: Sharpness and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks.
• Attention to detail: Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality.
• Ability to lift 10 pounds, lift 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds rarely.
• Requires flexible hours and short notice for overtime.
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
• High noise levels from operating machines and equipment
• Physical hazards from operating machines and moving reels
• Work in areas where safety equipment will be required (steel toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection)
• Standing is required for extended periods of time. Walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, turning, twisting, squatting, and lifting is performed regularly
• Requires a high degree of manual dexterity, which could be performed under restrictive conditions
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
Apply today for immediate consideration! Only those who complete the online application and upload an up-to-date resume will be considered for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.