Assembly & Packing, 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings in Assembly & Packing (aka Material Handler) on 1st shift [6:15am - 2:15pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for packaging foam pillows or bed toppers for shipment per standards. The pace of work is very fast, handling each product for only about 10 seconds before moving it down the line.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This position will involve performing various positions in department on the line rotating within the department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Operate the Pillow Stuffer or Bag Sealer
- Zip and bag pillows
- Fold and label boxes
- Fold bed toppers
- Run tape machine
- Stack finished goods boxes
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1 to 3 months manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Must be able to stand the full work shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.