Join a high-performing actuarial team supporting CVS Health and Aetna's government services pharmacy business.
This role supports the Aetna & SilverScript Medicare Part D business by applying quantitative skills and analytical methods. This role focuses on understanding and modelling utilization and cost patterns - including secular trends and seasonality, the impact of changing drug mix, and interactions with clinical and network strategies - in a dynamic and growing business.
The colleague will:
* Take full ownership of assigned projects, manage to overall deadlines, and complete tasks independently while collaborating with others.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate across teams.
* Act as a subject matter expert on assigned projects/concepts and integrate individual results with work performed by others.
* Anticipate and recognize matters that materially affect financial results and develop sound, unbiased recommendations on how to resolve these matters.
* Leverage strong technical skills and critical thinking to design and achieve business solutions.
* Lead actual-to-expected analyses and related projects to support goals identified in strategic and operating plans.
* Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects.
* Lead projects and workgroups. Identify and support process improvement through automation and process change.
* Effectively complete assignments despite ambiguous and changing circumstances.
* Exhibit CVSs How We Work behaviors.
Product & Business Knowledge:
* Review assumptions from a business perspective and defend work to management.
* Integrate understanding of internal and external data sources for quantifying risks.
* Apply knowledge of interdepartmental products, programs, processes and policies to resolve problems and issues.
* Assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards.
Risk Analysis & Management:
* Develop assumptions for Part D bids, including documentation of methods and results.
* Respond to internal and external questions on bid assumptions.
* Review and interpret models and make recommendations for planning, forecasting and reporting process.
* Help manage trend development for Part D business. Understand and communicate financial impact of trend recommendations on business plan to business unit management.
* Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems.
* Leverage SAS, Excel, and other technical options to efficiently achieve business objectives.
* Use SAS to draw conclusions from large data sets.
* Construct exhibits and narratives that convey observations/recommendations to non-technical audiences.
* Independently review work for accuracy and reasonability.
Communication, Collaboration & Consultation:
* Constituent Focus - Work across departments to develop an understanding of emerging trends and drive to well-informed recommendations for prospective assumptions.
* Verbal & Written Communication - Communicate observations and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Maintain accurate documentation and manage training and user support for assigned tools and processes.
- Bachelor's degree along with 3+ years related experience.
- Must be an ASA or FSA and is typically a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (or other accredited actuarial organization) able to sign state rate filings and other required actuarial certifications.
Please review required qualifications above.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.