Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you, We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us!
$65,000- $75,000***Compensation Commensurate with Experience***
Executive Summary of Position:
The Assistant Controller will assist the Controller in the accounting operations of the company for his payables team, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the operations of the payables part of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Assist in managing the payables team and helping them with whatever they need. Also, to be a back-up if needed.
- Do various accounting functions including but not limited to fixed assets, prepaids, lease accounting (842), various P&L to P&L adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate various insurance set up for buildings and workers comp.
- Assist the Controller in whatever he needs including P&L research for various branches and other reports.
- Create and provide various reports for the Board.
- Ensure that accounts payable is paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Be able to resolve concerns of staff and help them find solutions to problems.
- Answer questions from Branch Managers including researching any issues they might have with their P&Ls.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Assist in coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced working environment
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Exercise independent judgment and ability to work independently
- Makes sure books are to GAAP
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Report any potential or actual violations of such policies, practices or procedures to Compliance Manager
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Participate by example through sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Or at least 3 years in a Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller position.
- Strong accounting controls experience.
- High attention to details
- Needs to be self-motivated and confident in themselves to do projects on their own and have a positive attitude.
- Preference given for mortgage lending experience.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience for a high transaction / multi-P&L company or division of a large corporation preferred.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: The Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.