Assistant Director of Business and Administration (Reg FT)
Position Title: Assistant Director of Business and Administration (Reg FT)
Department: Business and Administration
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 21, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. There are two positions available: Allegheny Campus and Boyce Campus.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6031, 6032
Job Open Date: 7/7/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Assists the campus Executive Director of Business and Administration with daily operations of campus support services including the business office, and office services. Direct supervisor of the office services divisions.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, information technology, business management, or related field and a minimum of three years' experience. Master's degree preferred. Thorough understanding of accounting related to student accounts. Ability to analyze a software package and use or redesign it in the most effective manner. Good objective and critical problem-solving skills. Keen sense of fairness in dealing with students as well as the ability to tactfully communicate with students.
1. Supervises and directs Office Services and Business Office staff.
2. Supervises the daily workflow/operations of the mailroom, shipping/receiving, duplication, and campus deliveries.
3. Develops and implements accounting, collection and deposit procedures.
4. Coordinates and controls third-party billings, discounted activity tickets, and campus petty cash.
5. Collaborates with campus personnel, faculty, and administrators to promote coordination of efforts to assist students and enhance customer satisfaction.
6. Manages room scheduling software for non-academic scheduling; troubleshoots room conflicts on campus, prioritizing the usage of campus space delegation processes with the academic scheduler.
7. Maintains/updates space and campus room records in the room scheduling software, including but not limited to, space relationships, blackouts, assignment policies, and notification policies.
8. Conducts tours of campus spaces, coordinate venue facilities, process facility usage agreements, verifies insurance requirements, and invoice/collects payment for external rentals, act as event coordinator.
9. Performs annual room audits to ensure system data equates to physical data, technology, or equipment updates.
10. Assists in ensuring that the record retention policies for confidential materials are enforced and that the materials are properly disposed.
11. Oversees, identifies and controls fixed asset inventory.
12. Supervises item processing, inventory control, and documentation of identified asset life cycle.
13. Assists the Accounting Department with yearly fixed asset inventory.
14. In concert with the Executive Director of Business and Administration, maintains a clean, comfortable, safe, and secure campus environment for students, faculty, and staff.
15. Maintains a high level of hands-on control activities by working with faculty, staff, and administration in the processing and approval of purchase requisitions and vouchers.
16. Participates on hiring committees, in staff training, supervision, discipline, evaluation and scheduling.
17. Manages and updates training for all staff, focusing on the College's professional development and new hire procedures.
18. Serves as a member of various committees (i.e., Campus Safety committee, Business Process Development, Student Appeals committee).
19. Works closely with multiple departments and each campus to strengthen the One College model.
20. Manages campus personnel recordkeeping procedures to ensure compliance with College policy, collective bargaining procedures, and external regulatory agencies.
21. Supervises workman's compensation and student accident claims with HRM, legal teams and 3rd party vendors through the Business and Administration office.
22. Assists in the review and approval of tuition reimbursement/waiver forms.
23. Oversees the disbursement and reconciliation of the petty cash fund.
24. Assists in the approval of student travel packets, trip request and expense reports.
25. Completes weekly timekeeping audits, adjustments, and approvals for the campus.
26. Serves in the absence of the Executive Director of Business and Administration or as assigned, including campus approvals and identification of problems.
27. Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4599139
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.