Centers Health Care
New York, NY
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Infection Control and Wound Care
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)/Infection Control and Wound Care
Amsterdam Nursing is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing/Infection Control and Wound Care for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an LTC setting.
- Responsible for all wounds/skin in house
- Protects Residents & staff by adhering to infection-control policies & protocol
- Documents Resident care services by charting in Resident & dept. records.
- Tracking of infection control
- Resolves Resident problems & needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies. Assures quality of care by adhering to Facility philosophies & standards of care.
- Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Monitoring and reporting, including monthly reports.
- Provides annual tuberculosis screening of volunteers; directs follow-up procedure for positive Manitou testing within scope of practice and under the direction of Director of Nursing.
- Administers Hep B vaccines & Mantoux (TB skin tests) to various contracted agencies and individuals per guidelines and under the direction of Director of Quality or Director of Nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current New York State RN License
- Previous infection control/wound care experience required.
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be friendly and a team worker
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report. AMS
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V