MCALISTERS - ASSISTANT MANAGER
Key Contribution: The Assistant Manager contributes to the success of McAlisters through the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Assistant Managers responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, attain sales and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising managers and team members.
Reporting Relationship: The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager
- Ensure a High-Quality Operation
- Manage Team Members
- Advocate a Team Environment
Ensure a High-Quality Operation
- Provides Team Members, Managers, and Guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Ensures prompt, friendly service according to McAlisters guidelines.
- Ensures the production of high-quality food on a consistent basis.
- Directs overall activities and performance of team members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Ensures positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring appropriate steps of service and delivery of the McAlisters Touch.
- Promotes an atmosphere of positive Guest Relations.
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts, and other services. Maintains restaurant cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant.
- Follows the standards as described in the Policy & Procedures Manual, Red Line Crisis Guide, and Operations Manual.
- In coordination with the General Manager, reviews financial information such as sales and costs and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to correct any deviations from the budget.
- Maintains and controls restaurant assets. Monitors restaurants on-hand inventory for waste and theft.
- Conducts line checks to ensure product standards and specifications.
- Completes daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Complies with cash control policies and procedures. Ensures all managers, supervisors, and team members comply with cash control policy and procedures.
- Drives positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business needs.
- Conducts inventories and calculates food and beverage costs.
- May at times be responsible for ordering food and beverage products.
- At times will direct the kitchen activities and performance of back of the house team members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Responsible for submitting accurate information to the Support Center and Area Director.
Manage Team Members
- Ensures quality recruiting and training of new team members.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and evaluates all Team members.
- Creates positive relationships with team members and managers by treating all members with respect.
- Supports and practices an open-door policy.
- Develops team members. .
- Assures compliance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
Advocate a Team Environment
- Displays, encourages, and inspires high morale and motivation in the restaurant.
- Assists with conducting team meetings to plan menus and related activities, plans special events, shares information, or conducts supplemental training.
- Communicates with other managers effectively.
- Shows daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promotes unity in the team.
- Holds hourly team accountable for areas of responsibility.
- Responds to team conflicts professionally and works towards positive resolutions.
- Sets a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Establishes an environment that does not permit or promote sexual or any other kinds of harassment.
- Ensures restaurant is staffed to avoid workload and poor morale issues.
- Reports employee relation issues of a sensitive nature to the Human Resources department
Assistant Manager Qualifications:
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of the restaurant.
- Organization and time management skills and works well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
- Able to take and give direction.
- Works well with other people in a team environment.
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs.
- Must be able to work all shifts when the restaurant is open.
- Two (2) years of restaurant management experience in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must have the stamina and ability to work 50 to 60 hours a week. Must be able to occasionally work more than a 60-hour work week during short management staff situations.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as: vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, hand flexibility, reaching, squatting, crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our Guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings. The Assistant Manager is required to have reliable transportation to meet these travel requirements.