Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Assistant Manager - Broadway Store
Are you right for Goodwill?
Our mission to provide jobs and training to people to gain skills and achieve independence is why we do what we do. Our success happens when all team members believe in and support our mission and live by our values every day. If you will contribute to our mission, live our values, and commit to doing your best, please complete this application. If you cannot commit to do all of these things, please stop here and do not complete the application.
With the right team members, we can realize our vision where all people have the opportunity to reach their potential and contribute to our community.
How this role supports our mission:
The Assistant Store Manager assists in the day-to-day store operations. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supervising all store personnel in the Store Manager’s absence. The Assistant Store Manager works in conjunction with the Store Manager to maximize collections, production, sales, salvage, and customer service.
What we require from you:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years experience in Retail Sales Knowledgeable in merchandising and industry trends.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in management; supervising 10 or more employees, store security, organization and planning, customer relations, and general store operations.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver license and auto insurance, reliable transportation, acceptable driving record and the willingness to drive to meetings, bank and other Goodwill locations.
- Will be required to successfully complete and maintain:
- Article 9, Certified Monitor Training and Prevention and Support.
- CPR and 1st Aid
- Must be able to gain clearance under the Department of Economic Security to provide services to program participants of the Division of Developmental Disabilities (fingerprint and background check) within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrate internal Company Values at all times.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline employees within the framework of internal policies and procedures.
- Review monthly store revenue and expense; operate the store at or above goal.
- Ensure high standard of donor and customer relations through prompt, efficient, friendly, and courteous service by store staff.
- Ensure Mission fact of the week is communicated to donors.
- Conduct “Managing by Walking Around” throughout entire day.
- Review Goals and Objectives (G&O’s) with each store employee on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely processing of donations and properly completes the production records. Work closely with everyone to ensure donations reach the sales floor within 24 hours.
- Ensure store security (i.e. relating to theft, pilferage, handling of deposits, access to facilities, etc.) is maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly store schedules, and daily “to do” lists or delegates the task to an appropriate team member.
- Generate various data reports and handle all banking functions for store; make bank deposits, get change, etc.
- Promote on-going training through monthly store meetings and other appropriate means to ensure use of productive sales techniques, and to update store staff on internal policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through monthly comparative shopping of competitors (i.e. retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift), and review industry periodicals.
- Maintain store (inside and outside) in clean, safe and orderly manner to encourage sales, and provide a pleasant shopping and working environment.
- Ensure all equipment is available and in the system for use by the other stores.
- Ability to operate a cash register, count money and make change.
- Ability to supervise and train team members.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to realistically assess values of merchandise.
- Must conduct themselves within the GISA ethics policy
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and be able to stand for long periods at a time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
- Must be willing to transfer to other stores as requested.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Sick Leave
Company-paid Telemedicine plan
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Long- and Short-term Disability
Identity Theft Protection
403(b) retirement plan
30% employee discount
Criminal background screenings will be conducted on all eligible candidates. Only convictions that could impact this position will be considered.
We encourage all national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson AZ