Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Black Hawk, CO
Assistant Manager- Payroll
Job Title: Assistant Payroll Manager
Salary: $40,500 - $50,000
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: $40,500 - $50,000
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarchs new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino busses)
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Dont want to drive to Black Hawk? You dont have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
- Processes Payroll termination paperwork and issues final and on demand payroll checks.
- Completes employee welfare form requests, social security form requests, wage verifications and other payroll-related employee information requests.
- Prepares biweekly labor distribution reports.
- Child support orders receive/notify/data entry/upload processing
- Various check requests are assembled and prepared for Accounts Payable
- Provides monthly payroll information to US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics Atlantis.
Assist and/or lead project planning for:
- Elimination of Sign in Sheets. Transition the property into proper timekeeping approvals and usage of timeclocks. Develop an exception sign in sheet to have on line.
- Queries Query and Analysis report writing. Develop and maintain query programs on demand and to screen for potential concerns/errors. Report processing on a regular basis to expose or track discrepancies, inconsistencies or irregularities in all files.
- Automate Salary sheet approval process
- Assist in preparation and planning for HR/PY software transition
- Proactive measures to increase Direct Deposit participation. Arrange a Direct Deposit campaign
- Assist in preparation and planning for Black Hawk expansion
- Update Payroll Procedure Manual Atlantis
- Upload monthly on-line reporting information to US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
Primary or back up resource to Payroll Manager
- Process biweekly payroll checks in Corporate Payroll Managers absence
- Prepares biweekly payroll taxes in Corporate Payroll Managers absence
- Prepare Quarterly payroll taxes in Corporate Payroll Managers absence
- Process biweekly and quarterly tax reporting Nevada and Colorado
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform his/her job responsibility with extreme accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Extensive and proficient computer knowledge, prefer Infinium/query experience. Ability to execute uploads/downloads and all computer and ISERIES processes. Proficiency in computer programs MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Mathematics, organizational skills and the ability to learn computer software programs are necessary for success in the position.
Must have the ability to recognize and solve problems concerning payroll and be proactive at suggesting solutions to potential or existing problems.
Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence, efficiently. Must have ability to speak effectively with all employees and management. Must communicate well with others.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished, written or oral. Ability to deal with issues or problems involving payroll-related issues.