Assistant Medical Director / Nurse Practitioner-Outpatient
Provide evaluation, assessment and follow-up appointments for clients with mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses. Responsible for both direct service to clients and consultation to clinical staff. In addition, the provider will support the day-to-day functioning of the behavioral health medical providers and provide leadership through supervision and consultative support for staff.
Goals and Objectives:
- Provide competent medical care to clients and complete associated documentation as required
- Ensure established productivity standards for the position are met
- Foster staff development and competency through supervision, coaching, trainings, case consultations, and team meetings.
- Monitor documentation and oversee clinical care delivery to ensure quality care, regulatory standards and/or contractual requirements are met.
- Provide leadership for medical providers.
Assistant Medical Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with clinical and nursing leaders, oversee the clinical and administrative supervision of the team to ensure performance standards and staffing needs are met.
- Provide support to team members around caseload management as well as assistance with crisis situations and other urgent matters.
- Work collaboratively with Management team to understand department objectives, strategies and vision in order to maximize staff efficiencies and operations.
- Participate in operational meetings to address process improvement, communication and collaboration.
- Assist with developing a successful, productive and cohesive team to achieve performance metrics and delivery of high quality care.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff, including training, to maintain ongoing job competencies.
- Directly manage complex requests from clients, providers or staff that relate to medical services.
- Review and approve employee timesheets and time off requests.
- In collaboration with others, coordinate employee schedules to ensure maximum coverage and compliance with contractual obligations (i.e., access to care).
- Act as a resource to answer questions and assist with delegated tasks and projects.
- Assist with interviewing job candidates.
NP Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric assessment/evaluation of children, youth and/or adults with mental illness who are referred to AllHealth Network outpatient services
- Provide consultation to staff regarding the medical problems and medications of clients
- Responsible for the evaluation and/or referral of clients medical conditions; Coordinate with clients primary care physician to provide continuity of care
- Responsible for evaluating and monitoring clients medications, including any side effects or adverse reactions
- Assure comprehensive client education when initiating and/or monitoring medication; assess and document the clients level of comprehension. Whenever possible, provide the client with written educational materials
- Provide consultation, education and coordination of services to community agencies and citizens as requested
- May be asked to provide psychiatric coverage when other psychiatrists are absent and/or to provide on-call psychiatric services after hours
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation legibly, by established time frames, and to accepted standards of practice
- Participate as an active member of the inter-disciplinary treatment team
- Attend and participate in client staffings and treatment review meetings as requested
- Ensure established productivity standards for the position are met
- Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
- Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
- Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Masters Degree (MSN/MS)
- Licensed in the State of Colorado as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APN)
- Must have at least one year post-masters direct clinical experience with adult psychiatric clients in a medical/behavioral health setting
- Must have experience working with psychiatric medications with both acute and chronically mentally ill clients
- At least one year supervision experience preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and clinical leadership skills
- Decision making ability, organizational skills and effective communication skills
- Medical expertise, ability to establish effective consulting relationships and function collaboratively in multiple systems
- Must be able to collaborate with professionals within the medical field, mental health providers and external agencies
- Must be competent in psychiatric interventions including medication management and have the ability to coach staff in these areas
- Must be skilled in risk assessment and have the ability to coach staff in these areas.
- Knowledge of organizational operations
Salary: 5% Increase
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the AllHealth Network salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, merit, and the ability to embody the AllHealth Network mission and values. The range listed is just one component of AllHealth Networks total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives as well as a generous benefits package detailed below.
Benefits & Perks:
First, you would be joining on of Denvers Top Places to Work! We are honored to receive this amazing designation and we know it is recognition from our engaged staff who believe they are taken care of, listened to, and believe they are part of something bigger.
Our facility is approved by the Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC), and we offer our employees the opportunity to participate in our Loan Repayment Program. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
Positive, collaborative team culture
Competitive compensation structure
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings 401k, company match up to 50% of the first 6% contributed
Excellent Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays Off
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.