Colorado Springs, CO
Assistant Nurse Manager- ED / ER Emergency Room
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
Relocation bonus may apply based on geographical location. Role is benefit eligible- 36 hours per week, variable schedule.Pay Range
$36.62 - $51.74/hrFlourishing Begins Here
Responsible for developing, achieving and maintaining the goals of a unit or department by focusing on the unit or department's daily operations. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all levels of staff and customers. Collaboratively works with nurse leaders in maintaining productivity, supporting hospital initiatives and ensuring units/departments are appropriately staffed. Will assist in identifying staff development needs with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and education.
Important to this role is understanding the leadership expectations of this position and the entire leadership team throughout Centura Health. Each leader must have a personal and professional connection to the mission of this Christian organization. This position must be a team player themselves and contribute toward a team centered approach that lends itself to ensuring "team before self" in order to lead this complex, highly matrixed organization into the differentiated leading role as the system of choice. This position will invite others into their work in order to be fully transparent with the activities of this position, allowing for celebration of success and learnings through opportunities for change. This position will be a change agent for the health system by being bold in our thoughts and actions that generate the need for urgency as Centura forges ahead as the thought leader in the industry. Finally, the individual must demonstrate personal and professional accountability to the community, associates, physicians, and sponsors for performance that this position and its team complete.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 2 years RN experience with 1 year in a leadership role
- BSN required upon hire or within 2 years of hire or transfer
- Current Colorado RN License/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- ACLS and PALS within six months required
- ENPC and TNCC within six months required
- NIHSS within six months required
- Department covers cost of certifications required within six months listed above
- Appropriate facility identified national certification within one year of becoming ANM strongly preferred
- Credential: ANM-ANCC approved
- Clinical and/or Leadership Certification strongly preferred
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs' community on the north side of the city.
St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services and Critical Care Unit. It also serves as southern Colorado's home base for the Flight For Life Colorado air medical helicopter service. It's an incredible time to join us as we celebrate more than a decade as one of Healthgrades "America's 50 Best Hospitals" and Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado's top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you've always wanted.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!