Chula Vista, California, United States
Assistant Program Director
Paid Vacation, 401K / Retirement Plan, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
New Alternatives Inc. is looking for an Assistant Program Director for a Crisis Intervention and Stabilization BHS Outpatient Mental Health program called Crisis, Action & Connection (CAC). Our services are designed to meet the needs of families when their youth or child are experiencing a mental health crisis of danger to self or others. All referrals involve a youth who has recently been screened and or hospitalized.
We are an engaged, highly responsive program that meets with families in their homes, neighborhoods and communities. We have been able to be creative by including tele-health and telephone services for the safety of families as a result of the COVID 19 Pandemic. We are flexible and fluid in order to meet the mental health needs of families, while balancing the safety needs involved as a result of the pandemic. Our program collaborates with families to build on their strengths to strengthen communication and support within and around the family and youth. We seek to link families to programs of their choosing that may match the level of need. We serve the entire county.
Serve with a team of Clinicians, Mental health workers and a family partner. NAI CAC will deliver services in the areas of trauma, anger management, gender identity, substance use disorders. NAI’s CAC program will be focused on providing a warm hand-off, case management, individual therapy and the rehabilitative services needed to support the child or youth in their transition.
Position Title: Assistant Program Director
- Responsible for supporting Program Director in providing direction and programming of Outpatient Services, maintaining a sense of urgency in meeting the needs of youth and their families who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Oversight of a certified Medi-Cal clinic that provides crisis intervention and stabilization services as well as linkage to longer term services to children, youth, and families.
- Ensures that the program operates in compliance with Agency’s policies and procedures; all Federal and State regulations; the County’s policies and procedures; all accreditation standards, and all contract requirements, goals objectives, and outcomes.
- Daily/weekly duties include, but are not limited to: a) plans, organizes, and coordinates daily operation of the program; b) ensures staff training in all competencies relevant to services; c) ensures that all staff have the tools and support needed to perform their duties; d) ensures quality assurance functions are completed on time; f) Provides support for clinicians and staff with any client or family concerns.
- Participates in clinical consultations as needed, providing clinical feedback and administrative direction
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize the following evidence based & promising practices: Crisis Intervention, Trauma Informed Care practices, Motivational Interviewing, CBT and DBT modalities.
- Understand, embrace and be a TIC champion in ALL aspects of their role
- Develops and maintains supportive and collaborative relationships between all staff and line staff, supervisor and leadership team, and ensure that any and all complaints/concerns are resolved swiftly.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and supportive relationships with other Organizational Providers and other organizations, resources and agencies in the community.
Educational and Experience Requirements: A minimum of a Master’s Degree in an area or field of study that ensures eligibility for California’s Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or as a Marriage, Family, Child Counselor.
Licensure/Certification Requirements (if any): Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor. Prefer 2 years Post license exp. Current California License required.
Other Experience Requirements: Prefer Clinical experience in some type of supervisory or lead capacity. Prefer experience with child, youth and families. BHS experience and familiarity with Cerner a plus.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
**Please note, pay ranges will be discussed with qualified candidates upon receipt of resume.
Schedule: 8 hour shift; Monday to Friday