Saint Louis, MO
Associate Director of Operations
The Associate Director of Operations ensures client satisfaction through providing consistent on the job training, follow up/ongoing professional development for new/tenured associates, inventory control, comprehensive iValet compliance and providing unparalleled customer service to property managers. The Associate Director of Operations is responsible for leading performance and supporting a team of District Managers within an assigned region. Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the Associate Director of Operations is responsible for providing direction for up to 10-20 District Managers within several assigned regions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct, lead, support, motivate and develop a district team, and build a shared commitment to improving business performance, and provide coverage for District Managers and RDO as needed.
- Recruiting, training and development of all District Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in assigned territory.
- Assign new communities in Salesforce and iValet. Assist with iValet compliance through consistent communication.
- Monitor company vehicle conditions, including fuel and maintenance schedules.
- Evaluate, analyze and interpret performance data and metrics including budget management.
- Partner with Regional Account Manager, District Managers and Regional Director of Operations (RDO), sales, and operations associates within the region to maintain and expand client base and identify new sales opportunities.
- Assist District Managers with complaint resolution and client retention efforts with adherence to Valet Living policies and procedures.
- Conduct spot checks based on service, budget or safety concerns and provide a summary assessment to the RDO.
- Manage adoption, implementation, tracking, and completion of assigned regional projects, other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required. Prefer three years of related leadership experience, budgeting, and reporting.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Proven success in building teams and fostering business relationships with customer service experience or a strong customer service focus.
- Project management skills -- planning, coordination of work, detail orientation, highly organized, and good time-management.
- Basic knowledge of personnel policies including hiring, interviewing and terminating.
- Proven success in managing and developing a team through strong leadership and mentorship and builds collaborative relationships with their team and colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced verbal, written communications skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to frequently walk, stand, climb, lift, carry, stoop, bend, kneel and reach.
- Ability to occasionally work outdoors and work/drive in changing weather conditions.
- Ability to occasionally climb stairs, walk distances, and be exposed to disagreeable odors.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Valet Living is the only nationally-recognized full-service amenities provider to the multifamily housing industry, performing more than 340 million events annually across 1.6 million apartment homes and 40 states. Through its portfolio of both business to business and resident facing amenities, Valet Living is also the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep waste and recycling collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living has been setting the standard for residential living since 1995 and is now a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of GI Partners.
Valet Living Associates: Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 1, 2020