Community College of Allegheny County
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Associate Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
Associate Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
Position Title: Associate Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
Department: Facilities Management
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position is open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6013
Job Open Date: 1/27/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: This position reports to the Vice President for Facilities Management and assists with providing leadership and coordination of assigned activities with college campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. The position assists with the planning, direction, and oversight of operational and budgetary activities of the Facilities Management Department, and assists with leading and overseeing college-wide security and safety operations. Supports the Vice President for Facilities Management in providing highly responsible and complex administrative services to advance the mission of the institution and to foster collaboration with campus leaders and facilities staff.
Bachelor's degree required in engineering, architecture or a related degree in the construction/facilities industry from an accredited college or university.
Planning, construction, and project management (new projects and renovations).
Determining scope of work, estimating costs and direction of architects, engineers and other consultants
Expert knowledge of facility management and/or auxiliary services principles and practices
Practical experience with accounting and finance rules and regulations as mandated by federal and state agencies
Hands-on experience with:
Mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems (operations and design)
Housekeeping, maintenance and grounds management
Energy, utility and sustainability/environmental system and operations
Environmental Health & Safety
Integrated Pest Management
Property, space management and lease negotiations
Construction, renovations and alterations
Budgeting, funding, grants
Selecting, operating and training others in the use of software and/or other administrative tools associated with the above
Demonstrated ability to interact with public agencies, code review and approval authorities
Ability to develop job-specific policies, procedures and operating practices
Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
1. Assists with planning, directing and oversight of college-wide work plans to include all construction projects and facilities services operations. Works collaboratively with campus facilities leaders to assess and complete work activities.
2. Plans, executes, and monitors work flow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
3. Participates and supervises as necessary the development and administration of facilities services and construction project budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
4. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of college-wide goals; initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives.
5. Participates in strategic planning and goals setting activities.
6. Coordinates college-wide activities with the campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. Serves as the primary representative for the college with State agencies.
7. Prepares and presents reports and correspondence.
8. Develops RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction and facilities related services.
9. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and takes appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies. This requires frequent site visits to all of CCAC's locations, organizing and meeting with third party contractors, approving or denying change orders, and negotiating costs.
10. Analyzes problems and trouble shoots to identify alternative solutions; implements recommendations to accomplish desired results.
11. Maintains the college's master plan and Allegheny Campus's institutional master plan.
12. Meets with external officials including neighborhood associations, county health department, municipal boards, and historical society for project planning, project reviews, compliance, easements, and permitting.
13. Works collaboratively with departments (IT, Academics, security) to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects.
14. Supports college wide sustainability goals and projects.
15. Maintains over sight of the college project manager.
16. Collaborates with the campus physical plants to ensure college elevators are in compliance and track current certifications.
17. Builds relationships with contractors, vendors, and professional service providers.
18. Communicates with college and external stakeholders.
19. Responds accordingly to tenant requests.
20. Assumes leadership in the absence of VP of Facilities.
21. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
1. Provides first response to and reporting of all college emergencies. Coordinates with campus leaders and Directors of Safety & Security on the implementation of action plans in response to emergencies.
2. Assists in the supervision of planning and implementation of college-wide emergency exercises.
3. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college safety issues and the implementation of training programs to address the compliance.
4. Assists in ensuring college-wide compliance with applicable environmental health & safety standards.
5. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
6. Collaborates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk Management to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
7. Acts as a member of the college's Clery Compliance Committee to ensure proper documentation and reporting.
8. Assists in ensuring all college life safety systems are inspected and maintained per industry standards.
9. Assists in ensuring all college surveillance systems, access control systems and software programs are installed and maintained per industry standards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4200652
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.