Pompano Beach, FL
Authorization Specialist | Hollywood, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Healthcare Staffing is looking for an Authorization Specialist. Responsible for providing accurate and complete data input for precertification requests, visits for patients, and providing excellent customer service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer calls from physician offices, hospitals, and patients using exemplary customer service skills
- Retrieve insurance information from patients and determine if authorization is necessary for services that are needed
- Contact insurance companies to ensure that authorization is received, and follow up as necessary
- Demonstrate proficiency with CPT codes/ICD-9/ICD-10
- Accurately enter required information into various databases
- Review structured clinical data matching it against specified medical terms and diagnoses or procedure codes
- Follow established procedures for authorizing request or referring request for further review
- Call back providers as needed with precertification numbers
- Maintain patient confidentiality as defined by state, federal, and company regulations
- Establish effective rapport with other employees, professional support service staff, customers, clients, patients, families, and physicians
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Good computer skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Possess a basic understanding of HCFA regulations and Medicare/Medicaid updates
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Medical insurance
- Coding experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year working as an Authorization Specialist, Medical Biller, or Collect
Candidate can work in Hollywood, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.