EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
East Greenwich, RI
Eaglepicher is looking for a highly motivated engineer for an Automation Controls position to focus on creating equipment for manufacturing and its sub-assemblies. This position concentrates specifically on controls of PLC driven robotic cells, servo actuated mechatronic systems and automated process equipment.
Automation Engineers work with manufacturing and engineering teams to design, validate, and roll-out automated production equipment . Candidate will be key in driving standardization across all manufacturing sites He/She will work closely with external equipment integrators and internally with Product Design Engineering, Quality, Production and Maintenance to bring components from initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
- Develop company level, factory level and line/machine level controls standards and specification for application by internal equipment development team and external partners.
- Create data management and tracking communications network (MES) architecture and interface with cross-functional teams for product, processes and quality traceability control implementation
- Design industrial electrical control panels and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- design industrial electrical control panels and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics.
- Write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC code will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), machine vision, and 3rd party equipment.
- Implement OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots,conveyors, and other manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servos.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at Vendor and at Eaglepicher facility during installation and buy-off
- Train Maintenance and Production teams to support automated equipment after deployment into production
- Create machine interactions with plant-wide Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to communicate product acceptability, machine status, and process variables
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve quality and yield
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
- BS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems
- knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
- knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Proficient in programming industrial equipment:
- Programming PLCs. Must have a well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization. Ability to program , pick and place automation, and data acquisition
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems.
- Proficiency creating detailed electrical and fluid schematics in CAD (solidworks Electrical preferred)
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC nutrunner torque controllers, current and power meters, etc)
- Experience programming Articulated robots is highly desired (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Epson as well as collaborative robots)
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence,)
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment is highly desired
- Experience transitioning products and processes from prototype to production desired
- Ability to use 3D CAD packages such as with SolidWorks
- Advanced degree
- 8-10 years of demonstrated experience
- Veterans encouraged to apply
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.