Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
Backend Software Engineer
Participates in PI feature scoping (PI), discovery and helps translates user features into application design.
- Participates in iteration planning to help create solid backlog with technical input in close partnership with product team.
- Contributes and participates in daily cross functional team standups, end of iteration retrospectives while encouraging team engagement with empathy.
- Work with cross functional teams to define, design and implement Backend Applications using latest technologies for user centered customer experience.
- Work closely with Product owners to provide project estimates based on customer experience, features and envisioned solutions.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implement prototypes to evaluate solutions and ensure technical feasibility of designs.
- Ensure architecture and designs are aligned with overall Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
- Solve problems and proactively look for ways to improve our products platform and UI frameworks.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
3+ years of professional experience with focus on backend technologies
3+ years of experience with NodeJS, Spring Boot or Java development
1+ years of experience working on RESTful APIs, microservices, SQL, NoSQL databases, Caching, Streaming technologies
Good knowledge of content management platform
Strong knowledge and experience on Cloud related technologies Kubernetes, GKE, ISTIO Service Mesh, Docker, other GCP native capabilities
Good understanding of ADA and regulatory compliances.
Working experience of CI/CD pipeline, GIT, Bit Bucket, or Jenkins.
Good presentation and verbal communications skills
Experience with SAFe Agile
Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Support and perform Security Compliance across the team(s)
Good experience on tools: Jenkins, GIT, Checkmarx, Adobe Analytics, Postman, Splunk, SOAP, REST client, SVN, JIRA, Rally
Good experience on analyzing and optimizing backend applications for efficiency and performance
Must be open to learn various technologies with aim to become a full stack developer
Strong troubleshooting skills
Good communication skills, ability to work with Architecture, Product, Ops and Platform teams to accomplish team objectives
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.