Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Bankruptcy Team Lead
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Bankruptcy Team Lead serves as an assistant to the supervisor in handling administrative duties and providing guidance, oversight and training to others in the group.
- Maintain a reduced work queue on all bankruptcy processes in addition to additional administrative responsibilities below:
- Manage team work queues and ensure that department SLAs are met
- Train team members.
- Ensure team members are working accounts properly per prescribed processes.
- Work closely with BCMs and outside counsel on complex litigated cases.
- Complete system tasks for reversals and reapplication of payment and bankruptcy cramdowns
- Problem solving skills and ability to analyze reports to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Perform quality audits on Select Bankruptcy Processes providing feedback on errors to management and guidance to BCMs for correction.
- Assist on any special projects assigned by management.
- Provide regular updates to the Supervisor.
- Maintain the Secured Bankruptcy Manual.
- Be available to handle escalated calls from customers.
- Be available for questions or concerns from team members that may have work related issues.
- 6 years of bankruptcy or other related legal or mortgage servicing experience required with preference for 2 years previous Team Lead or Supervisory experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with loan terminology, our rights as a creditor, and bankruptcy processes.
- Excellent work ethic and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and be a team leader.
- Good computer and internet skills.
- Strong ability to use data to identify areas of opportunity, improvement as well as to identify potential issues.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelors Degree Preferred or extensive industry and related experience
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.