Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Black Hawk, CO
Banquet Food Server
Job Title: Banquet Food Server
Status: Part Time
Other Compensation: $9.30+Tips
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarchs new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino busses)
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Dont want to drive to Black Hawk? You dont have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Banquet Server performs all tasks associated with setting up, serving, and breaking down of function rooms where banquet food service activities are performed. He / She is responsible for the prompt, courteous, smooth and efficient service of food and beverage to guests during banquet and outdoor functions.
Additionally work as a team to follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of banquet events.
- Review and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) or Event Plan at the beginning of each shift to ensure banquet rooms are set as per the customer request.
- Read and execute specifications listed on the Banquet Event Orders.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly.
- Be in communication with the Banquet Captain regarding any special needs.
- Assist in ensuring that each events are on time as per the banquet event course.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Make required adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Have a good understanding and able to communicate products and service related query to guests when asked.
- Deliver and serve welcome drinks, food, meals, condiments and accompaniments etc.
- Delivering Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the table side.
- Good knowledge of the rules of Banquet Beverage Control and service.
- Take beverage orders and collect payments where specified.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
- Respond to and try to full fill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Ensure each courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organisation of assigned station and service areas.
- Attend tables by removing and separating tableware, plate ware, glassware, and flatware.
- Ensure proper use, storage of all meeting room equipment.
- Ensure there is proper back up in the event that any equipment is not properly functioning.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the Meeting Rooms.
- Pass any information that is needed to the next staff member on duty.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager.
- If no upcoming events, please have rooms in a readiness position for any possible site inspections.
- Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are re-set for next event.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
Warmth and graciousness with the ability to function in a busy environment. Create stellar guest experiences and flexible availability to work on nights and weekends.
Experience in working in Banquet functions with Point of sales software, banqueting software or billing software.
One to two years experience one similar role in upscale hotel with excellent oral and written communication skills.