Mountain Park Health Center
Behavioral Health Consultant - LCSW -Baseline-Pediatrics
Provides quality clinical mental health consultation to patients, and assists providers and staff in navigating behavioral health challenges some patients may present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides brief, evidence based, solution focused behavioral interventions with active development of psychotherapeutic / psychoeducational behavioral change planning for patients of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
- Screening, assessment and diagnostics for integrated behavioral health patients referred by medical providers of MPHC.
- Cultivates education, administration and self-management skills for targeted populations with psychological or behavioral health issues.
- Provide individual, couple and family intervention
- Group facilitation to address biopsychosocial issues impacting medical issues.
- Collaborates and co-manages the patients behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring providers.
- Provides quality clinical consultation to providers and staff in areas of individual, family, child and adolescent, regarding mental and behavioral health related issues.
- Promotes MPHC Provider's knowledge of patient behavioral health issues and provides education to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of behavioral health interventions.
- Promotes a smooth interface between medicine and specialized mental/behavioral health care throughout the organization.
- Provides on-site availability for crisis triage and intervention.
- Documents the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and tracks the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care.
- Attends monthly department staffing and weekly supervision meetings.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and is able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has 3 or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a 12-month period.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Mountain Park Health Center.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organizations dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/LICENSURELicensure as LCSW or Clinical Psychologist is required for this position. Computer literacy is required. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to write presentations that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public group and/or board of directors.
Ability to work with mathematically concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm in MPHC's Pediatrics Department.