Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Colorado Springs, CO
Behavioral Health Provider - Developmental Disabilities Health Center
|Title:||Behavioral Health Provider - Developmental Disabilities Health Center|
|Department Location:||Developmental Disabilities Health Center 3207 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
Be a part of the future of behavioral healthcare! Join our integrated healthcare team as a Behavioral Health Provider. Work as an integrated member of the medical care team to improve overall health outcomes for adult patients with developmental disabilities by providing efficient and effective behavioral health services. The goal is to detect and address a broad spectrum of behavioral health needs in the primary care patient population with the aim of early identification, quick resolution, long-term prevention, and wellness for as many patients as possible. Provide support the medical care team in working toward improving long term health outcomes, including but not limited to weight loss, smoking cessation, medication adherence, and diabetes management.
Nestled in the Front Range of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center. The Developmental Disabilities Health Center (DDHC) focuses on providing exceptional health care for adult patients (18yrs and older) who have a developmental disability. This includes individuals with impairment in physical, learning, language and/or behavioral areas. The Peak Vista staff is a team of professional, caring individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, respectful, energetic and committed to making a difference in the lives of our community.
Compensation (Pay): LPC $59,446.40 to $62,628.80/LCSW $61,568 to $64,729.60 based on experience.
*Other compensation may include rural location differentials.
Summary of Benefits: https://www.peakvista.org/careers/employee-benefits-guide
A successful candidate should:
- be knowledgeable about and have a passion for working with individuals with developmental disabilities,
- possess a strong desire to serve this patient population and willingness to adapt to their specific needs.
- be comfortable working in the fast-pace of care found in the primary care setting.
- have excellent diagnostic skills with a wide range of patients and is skilled in the bio-psychosocial model of assessment.
- have a skill set to treat a wide range of mental health conditions using empirically validated treatment approaches.
- preferably possess some working knowledge of psychopharmacology and chronic diseases.
- be willing and able to adapt their practice to a wide range of cognitive and verbal abilities and be willing to provide support to a patients support network including host home providers, family care givers, home health agencies, etc.
- be team-oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- be capable of maintaining timely documentation in an electronic health record.
Required licensure: LCSW (preferred) or LPC, Licensed Psychologist (accepted)
Additional skills preferred: Bilingual (Spanish)
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employees I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com