Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center
Oakland Park, FL, United States
Behavioral Health Technicians
Immediate Openings for Behavioral Health Technicians in Oakland Park!
$15.00 - $17.00/hr!
FT, PT & Per-Diem Openings! All shifts available including Nights & Weekends!
Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center, a subsidiary of UHS, is a beautiful, conveniently located, private 182-bed hospital that specializes in the treatment of drug addiction, mental health issues and concurrent disorders for adults as well as adolescents. Our professional staff members are committed to providing compassionate, comprehensive care that uniquely fits the intensity and severity of each patient’s needs. This commitment extends to the family and community of our patients as a whole.
We offer a continuum of mental health and addiction services in a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, personal growth, and problem-solving capabilities. Our overall goal is to provide patients with the highest quality treatment possible for drug abuse and mental health issues in order to help them achieve good health and long-term sobriety.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 328+ Subsidiaries!
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $11.4 billion in 2019. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 90,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 328 behavioral health facilities, 42 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of previous experience in a healthcare setting and/or previous behavioral health experience strongly preferred.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Must complete and maintain training Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) (aggression management, crisis intervention and restraint training). Training may be obtained during new hire orientation.
- May be required to work overtime and flexible hours.
- Must be able to prioritize workload, effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced environment. Excellent listening, communication, prioritization and follow through skills with strong focus on providing high quality patient care.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.