Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Black Hawk, CO
Job Title: Bell Captain
Salary: $10 - $12.36
Status: Full Time
Shift: Swing, Graves
Other Compensation ($10 - $12.36) + Tips
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarchs new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino busses)
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Dont want to drive to Black Hawk? You dont have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a warm welcome to our internal and external guests.
- Provide guests with directions as needed.
- Assign guest requests to the bellmen.
- Answers the phone within three rings and with a smile.
- Supervise Bellmen on duty.
- Assist department Manager with performance management (coaching, recognition, performance reviews, etc.)
- Assist in handling guest concerns.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The positions work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The incumbent in this position, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. This position shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the companys Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- High School Diploma preferred
- Previous Bellman experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, approachable and team oriented,
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and alone.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift heavy items.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a bellman.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Valid Colorado Drivers License must have a clean driving record for at least three years
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarchs intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.