SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Benefits Analyst, your primary focus will be on billing for all Health and Welfare (H&W), Retirement and HR Third Party Administrators (TPAs). You will interact with TPAs, in addition to HR Business Partners, and other internal clients (Accounting, Payroll, Treasury). The Benefits Analyst will also perform complex reconciliations of benefit claims and enrollments, ensuring all systems are aligned.
- Assists in the Administration of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs, health and flexible savings accounts, 401(k) and other benefits offerings, as needed.
- Coordinate transfer of data and file feeds to external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration.
- Oversees the maintenance and delivery of employee benefit census files and data issues on employee records on the TPA Instruction file.
- Verifies insurance billing and audit reconciliation of carrier reports, benefit accounts and disbursements.
- Develops monthly/annual budget and provides projections as needed.
- Develops and implements ideas to increase efficiency of billing processes where possible.
- Performs and reviews 401(k) contribution calculations and reconciliations.
- Responds directly to escalated requests and elevates complex requests as appropriate.
- Serves as first line contact for vendors invoicing.
- Audits plan census and payroll data for accuracy then communicates results to applicable parties.
- Creates, updates and maintains internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and knowledge library documents.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data using Excel, ADP and other benefits systems to compile metrics and produce relevant reports. Performs reconciliation of benefits-related data.
- Analyzes and reports benefits data findings to upper management.
- Calculates, verifies and processes benefit invoices and provides reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Interprets benefits related policies and procedures.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, or in a related field.
- 2-4+ years of experience in Benefits administration.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing ADP.
Licenses / Certifications
Preferred: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.