San Diego, CA, United States
Beverage - Hospitality Manager
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
We are seeking an experienced Beverage Manager / Hospitality Manager for the San Diego Convention Center.
The San Diego Convention Center is the region's premier gathering place, hosting conventions, trade shows and community events that economically benefit the City of San Diego and advance our convention and tourism industry. The 2.6 million-square-foot facility is located on sparkling San Diego Bay in the heart of a vibrant downtown and has consistently been recognized as one of the top convention centers in the world. Abundant, flexible space and five-star service make the San Diego Convention Center the meeting planners' choice for hosting major conventions, trade shows, meetings and special events.
- The Hospitality Manager - Beverage will be responsible for ensuring product availability, quality, cost effectiveness, compliance, control and service for all beverages served throughout the unit.
- The Hospitality Manager - Beverage oversees the daily operations of the beverage department by directing and supervising all employee activities within bars, lounges, stands and other outlets where beverages are served and ensures that standards and policies for responsible alcoholic beverage service are enforced.
- The Hospitality Manager - Beverage will be responsible for ordering inventory, inventory controls, budgeting, and cash management within each beverage location. They are responsible for ensuring maximum customer service satisfaction by developing, implementing and monitoring departmental policies and procedures. They will oversee effective hiring, training and performance evaluation of all beverage personnel. He or she will work with the Catering and Banquets departments to ensure that Sodexo Live!'s financial and revenue objectives for the beverage operation are met through a focus on product education for sales growth and successful identification of expense reduction through cost efficiency.
⦁ Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to Beverage operations.
⦁ Contributes to the efficient operation of business unit by partnering with Catering Director; provides information, insight, analysis, and recommendations to maximize revenues and profits.
⦁ Provide leadership and direction to beverage staff.
⦁ Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
⦁ Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
⦁ 3-5 years of senior level food and beverage management experience within a complex, multi-faceted operation such as a large-scale hotel, high quality convention center, etc.
⦁ 2-4 years of previous beverage management experience strongly preferred.
⦁ Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts and be available as business demands require.
⦁ Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with property management systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
⦁ Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
⦁ Must have unwavering and exceptional service delivery standards.
⦁ Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
⦁ Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
⦁ Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
⦁ Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
⦁ Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
About Sodexo Live:
Sodexo is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by highly regarded external organizations, earning coveted spots on FORTUNE's list of the World's Most Admired Companies and Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index, as well as a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
Improving quality of life has been our mission for over 50 years. And this commitment starts with you. We strive to enhance and simplify your daily life, while offering you the best working environment wherever you are, whatever you do.
We offer a diverse range of opportunities, in over 100 professions. Whether you're a recent grad, transition from the military or an experienced professional, our goal to find your perfect fit.
Founded in Marseille, France, in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance.
Operating in 56 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Food and Facilities Management Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services.
40,000 employees dispersed throughout 500 sites around the globe
80 different types of professional roles
- What we do: We improve the Quality of Life of those we serve and our teams, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate.
- How we do it: We serve with care the essential daily needs of millions of people. We build inclusive progress; we drive engaged and responsible performance.
- Why we do it: We create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.