BI Consultant - Cognos
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. Thats what we call
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm youll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution thats right for them. In everything you do, youll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
KSMC is adding a BI Consultant - Cognos focused to join the Business Intelligence team. This position will allow a talented and enthusiastic candidate the opportunity to have an immediate impact within the organization. This individual will assist the technology team in the development of enterprise class reporting for various industries. An individual in this role will be called upon to support various clients and support internal existing projects within KSMC.?
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Design, build, and test complex client-facing reporting output?using IBM Cognos Analytics
- Build compelling, interactive dashboards. Drag and drop data to create auto-generated visualizations, drill down for more detail, and share using email
- Build reusable datasets and models
- Build report delivery process across the enterprise
- Design and build framework models using IBM Framework Manager
- Build packages for deployments
- Provide support to end users who are designing and building their own reports using pre-defined data models?
- Meet the requirements and deadlines established for a given project?
- Follow internal processes and procedures?
- Investigate and resolve data and dashboard defects?
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate assignments and communicate status?
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree/work experience?
- 3+ years of development experience in IBM Cognos 10.x, IBM Cognos Query Studio, and IBM Cognos Report Studio
- 3+ years of experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting complex reports/dashboards, SQL queries, views, procedures, and functions?
- Proficient in relational databases?
- Tune SQL queries performance, improve overall data retrieval process, indexing and query plan analysis and refactoring?
- Rigorous attention to detail?
- Ability to communicate with internal stakeholders and work through data related inquiries and issues?
- Effectively manage workload with shifting priorities and varying business requirements?
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify creative ways to achieve solutions?
- Capable of managing tasks and owning through completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills?
- Experience in claims or public health data preferred but not required
- Experience with data extraction process?desired
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that youre up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us
"I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC."
"I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team."
"The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer