Freedom Financial Network
BI Reporting Manager
The BI Reporting Manager will own and scale data reporting and analytics in support of the Capital Markets team. You will be a critical member of the Business Intelligence and Analytics data team within the Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) organization. You will be responsible for historical loan performance analytics and develop models that will enable Capital Markets team objectives to execute funding and liquidity plans via credit facilities, loan sales and capital markets transactions. Your efforts will enable reporting accuracy, consistency and delivery for internal and external stakeholders. This includes investor due diligence, working cross-functionally within the organization, and bettering our current procedures.
You will work closely with all teams within the FFAM organization. You will contribute as an early member of the investor operations team and build for growth. You are a strategic thinker with a growth mindset who loves a good puzzle or riddle.
- Oversee and own data reporting process for securitization and investor reporting. Proactively identify data quality and integrity issues that affect the accuracy of reporting.
- Partner with Capital Markets, Data Science and Product and Data Engineering teams to collect and analyze loan performance data to improve business insights
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to identify, research, interpret, catalog, and enrich Freedom Financial structured and unstructured data assets to facilitate effective analytics and contribute to the Enterprise Data Platform.
- Create reports and dashboards using BI tools (Tableau preferred) and Excel. Monitor trends and relevant metrics to support key insights on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team to ensure quick turnaround on production fixes. Take ownership of communicating changes to appropriate end-users.
- Define product requirements, ensure they are properly prioritized and work closely with the Data Engineering team to execute against yearly and quarterly goals.
- Participate in data modeling and architecture discussions, influence data products roadmap and work closely with Data Engineering throughout the process of on-boarding new data sets.
- Establish and document processes based on industry best practices.
- Identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to our success
- Work with cloud based big data platforms such as Google Big Query and work with product management and engineering to improve data integrity and accessibility.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and research data from various sources to resolve investor inquiries
- 3-5 years of financial services banking, trade desk, or similar related experience. Investor relations at a fintech company is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Advanced SQL skills working with large data sets and experience working with modern BI tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.). Knowledge of using Python for data wrangling and manipulation is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project and process management, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in working in an agile scrum environment.
- Organized and the ability to juggle multiple initiatives while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to see value where others may not and can clearly articulate that value.
- You are analytical and smart about process improvement.
- Experience in project management and documentation using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- You think like an owner and are focused on future growth.
- Prior background with FinTech/Lending/Investor Relations/Securitization preferred