SAFCO-Southern Automotive Finance Company
Pompano Beach, FL, United States
Collections Specialist- $3000 Sign-On Bonus!
Now offering $3000 Sign-On Bonus!*
We have immediate openings for Experienced Bilingual Collections Specialists!
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• 2 years of Consumer Loan Collections Experience needed.
Pay is $18-$21/hr plus a monthly bonus that averages $400/month!
*Sign-On Bonus paid after 90 days
Drive your career forward as a Collections Specialist in our beautiful new Pompano Beach, Florida headquarters. We are currently looking for experienced consumer loan collectors who can maintain strong relationships with our customers. If you have the energy, dedication, and customer service focus this position requires, SAFCO would like to speak with you about a career opportunity as a Collections Specialist with us.
Only experienced, local candidates will be considered.
We offer major medical, dental, and vision through Florida Blue. We give at no cost a basic life insurance policy at one times annual salary, along with disability and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) Plan through John Hancock, which we match at 50%, up to 5% of pre-tax gross wages.
SAFCO also offers Pre-Paid Legal Plan, discounted Tri-Rail cards, and various discounts via Wells Fargo Bank, and special offers via Access Perks.
Essential duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Initiate outbound calls to existing delinquent accounts, with use of dialer campaign strategies and manual calls, as deemed appropriate.
- Educate the customers on the importance of building/rebuilding their credit. Identify and verify the customer's reason for default, then recommend solutions that minimize risk to the Company while assisting the customer in maintaining and rebuilding their credit.
- Observe and maintain quality assurance and FDCPA guidelines while speaking with the customer and creating account documentation.
- Receive incoming calls from existing customers and assist them with their needs.
- Negotiate and accept payments over the phone via debt card, credit card, check-by-phone, or through other acceptable payment options.
- Review delinquent accounts with the Loan Servicing Manager for further action or guidance.
- Follow up with customers on prior arrangements and gather information to reduce the Company's bad debt exposure.
- Perform light skip tracing on delinquent accounts.
- Educate customers on the importance of maintaining their own insurance coverage.
- Make recommendations to assist the customer with various policies and procedures, including offering deferment, due date changes, and other solutions.
- Verify and update customer information files as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Written Communication – Basic ability to write correspondence, e-mails or memos to customers and team members.
- Verbal Communication – Ability to speak clearly to individuals, probe for information, and respond to questions.
- Budgetary Development – Position does not have budgetary responsibility.
- Project Management – Position works as part of a team that receives direction from the Collections Manager.
- Computer Skills – Basic ability to utilize MS Office software, Nortridge NLS software, defi, and skip trace software.
- Language Skills – Bilingual preferred.
- Job Knowledge – The position requires a basic understanding of the key functions, along with two years customer service experience, and collections (one year of experience in banking/finance preferred).
- Problem Solving Skills – The position must be able to resolve normal customer questions and service issues as a win-win for both the customer and for SAFCO.
- Level of Persuasion And/Or Influencing Of Others – The position requires interaction with customers and co-workers.
- Coaching, Mentoring, Or Counseling – The position is a non-supervisory position.
- Mental Effort – Requires the ability to be detailed in reports and correspondence.
- Level of Independent Judgment Or Discretion – Primarily receives direction from their supervisor, and their decisions are subject to review.
- High School diploma/GED and 1 to 3 years experience in collections.
- Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member must:
- Frequently stand sit, walk, talk, hear, feel and grasp, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach out with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements required by the job include frequently looking at a monitor; using color vision; and occasionally using peripheral vision and depth perception.
SAFCO is an equal opportunity employer that strives to help all team members achieve both their professional and personal goals through an environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.