Child Crisis Arizona
Bilingual Family Support Specialist - MESA (28588)
Bilingual Family Support Specialist I
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified Bilingual Family Support Specialist I to join our team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect, and to help build strong families. The FSS I works collaboratively with other department staff and stakeholders and reports to the Family Support Assistant Manager. Family Support Specialists are responsible for a mixed caseload of Center based and home based families. Family Support Specialists are also responsible for the planning, coordination and providing of social and case management services to families, as well as modeling age appropriate child development activities to families on their home based caseload.
- Completing all eligibility and enrollment procedures with targeted families
- Participating in ongoing recruitment activities
- Completing case management with families by assisting them with community resources and referrals to meet their needs
- Providing basic care management to families, including transportation and accompaniment of parents to appropriate services or agencies
- Planning and conducting weekly 90-minute child development home visits and monthly socialization groups for children ages 0-3 on the home based caseload that reflect the goals of children and families
- Participating in planning family engagement activities
- Coaching and mentoring of parents and developing reasonable steps and strategies within the context of their strengths and needs to help them realize their goals, taking into consideration the priority of each family and the outcome desired
- Coordinating family care with Child Protective Services, Department of Economic Security, chemical dependency programs, hospitals and doctors, schools and other relevant agencies
- Providing follow-up calls and visits after the transitioning of children out of the program as part of supportive services to specified families
- Completing all required forms, case note documentation and monthly updates for assigned caseload.
- Completing additional assignments, tasks, and reports as directed
We offer a full benefit package including: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, ten paid holidays a year, a generous PTO (paid time off) plan, tuition assistance, and disability insurance.
Training, Education, Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or related field
- 1+ year of related experience in infant / toddler education and / or family case management preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with technology in performing job duties
- Home Visitation experience with a focus on Child Development is a plus.
- Bilingual English / Spanish Required
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply online at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-jobopportunities.php?clientkey=B1B5C93A2F5EABE2A934AEAE43706412