La Frontera EMPACT
Bilingual Trauma Therapist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Tempe, Glendale, Maricopa, and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a full-time Bilingual Trauma Therapist based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include providing individual counseling, group therapy, personal advocacy, safety planning, and risk assessments for clients and families affected by suicide and domestic violence. Therapist will coordinate services with agency staff and other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the client. Therapist will complete timely documentation, including diagnosis, assessment, treating planning, progress notes, and discharges.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience, which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of the population and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability preferred, but not required. On call component required.
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Must be certified by AzBBHE with associate licensure or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Need knowledge of effective therapeutic interventions in individual and group settings.
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for clients needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly, facilitate public presentations and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- *Bilingual Spanish speaking ability Required*
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.