Davis Wright Tremaine
Billing Specialist (Remote)
Electronic Billing (E-Billing) Specialists are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through accurate processing of client invoices.
This position is responsible for submitting monthly billing invoices through specific vendors, maintaining monthly progress reports of submitted invoices, monitoring client/vendor system requirements, and other tasks as assigned. This position will require clear and concise communication between clients, attorneys and vendor support.
If you have sharp written and verbal communication skills, can operate in a process-driven environment, we want to hear from you.
This position will offer mostly-remote flexibility; work from home the majority of the time, but come into our Downtown Seattle office for occasional team meetings and get-togethers.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Submit invoices through eBilling Hub and various vendor sites and confirm successful transmission
- Ensure prompt follow-up regarding rejected or pending invoices
- Communicate directly with clients, attorneys, and staff to resolve any e-billing issues and to obtain necessary e-billing information
- Maintain detailed electronic notes for each client, including client-specific and vendor-specific requirements
- Create and upload client accrual spreadsheets as needed
- Manually edit invoices as necessary to incorporate client submission requirements
- Maintain client vendor sites and coordinate with Rate Administrator and attorneys to update rates, budgets, or status reports as client requires
- Implement new e-billing clients and vendors, including mapping in the eBilling Hub
- Assist with other accounting projects, as needed
- Prioritize workload, multi-task, and work independently
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Consistently execute excellent customer service and communication
- Manage your time and stay organized
- Use MS Office Products, and utilize Excel (specifically pivot tables and VLookup)
- Learn new technologies and processes quickly and independently
- Demonstrate knowledge of Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) files or XML formats preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work overtime as needed
2+ years in an accounting department is helpful and previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, is a big plus ,but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.