Lincoln Property Company
Virginia Beach, VA
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
A Day in the Life of a Bookkeeper:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Bookkeeper, you will maintain and manage the day-to-day bookkeeping operations of a multi-family residential community. Your role includes various accounting tasks, vendor and customer service follow up and other administrative functions. Your role requires accuracy, effective customer service, the ability work efficiently and effectively and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Directly responsible for the bookkeeping activities of the community, including paying bills, creating and receiving purchase orders, change orders, processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, collections, and invoicing.
- Assisting the District Manager with the community budget and achievement of operational, financial goals.
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding rents, prepares and sends delinquency and balance due letters to residents.
- Maintaining accurate records of all bookkeeping transactions; Adjusts ledgers, prepares / reconciles delinquency reports, verifies/ adjusts BAH, submits write-off packages.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial accounting reports and explanation of budget variances.
- Assists with the auditing and processing of move outs, transfers, etc., ensuring accuracy and timely input.
- Vendor / contractor communications concerning billing and invoicing.
- Participates in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assists incoming residents / potential residents with housing and community information.
- Assists other office team with duties and customer relations.
- Performs other general office duties, i.e. phones, filing, special projects and assignments, as needed.
- May participate in property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMHs quality standards.
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training and work-related events.
What You Need for Success:
- Position requires 1 or more years of bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
- Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, co-workers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Must possess a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions, under all circumstances.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.