Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Black Hawk, CO
Buffet Assistant Room Chef
Job Title: Buffet Assistant Room Chef
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: no
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarchs new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino busses)
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Dont want to drive to Black Hawk? You dont have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Assistant Room Chef is in charge of the kitchen in the Room Chef's absense. The Assistant Room Chef assumes all duties with in the kitchen specific to the buffet and reports directly to the Room Chef. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and conflict resolution.
- Oversee the entire outlet all shifts
- Menu planning and development
- Assist with managing labor and food costs
- Process Payroll including verifying and signing hours and time sheets and approving hours in OTA.
- Order product from warehouse and purchasing
- Hire candidates
- Discipline when necessary
- Scheduling team members
- Build team moral
- Lead by example
- Communicate effectively
- Read and follow recipes
- Demonstrate great guest service.
- Performs table touches and interacts with guests throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work variable shifts
- Must have strong guest service skills
- 5+ years cooking experience
- 2 year experience as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
Knowledge of food and safety sanitation requirements/standards
Ability to produce consistent and high quality product
Experience following recipes
- Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift