Business Development Manager, Europe (REF7021O)
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Groups fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in todays dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for improving market position, contributing to business and financial growth through sales to new clients and sales of new business to existing clients. The primary focus of the role is to identify qualified leads and manage the sales process to a successful conclusion while building long-term relationships with prospects and new clients in a manner consistent with ProPharma Groups culture and values.
Essential Functions Include:
- Generate and cultivate new Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information leads and opportunities within Germany, and across Europe.
- Contribute industry expertise and market business intelligence into Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Act as the primary liaison between ProPharma Group and potential clients (e.g., responding to leads, setting up capability presentations, teleconferences).
- Initiate and facilitate pre-work with prospective clients (e.g., CDA/NDA, MSA, SOW, meeting preparations).
- Develop and write proposals for submission to prospective clients highlighting company capabilities and tailored solutions addressing the services requested.
- Liaise with clients during proposal bid defense, selection, and negotiation process.
- Work closely with matrixed client-facing teams outside of the Business Development function on sales strategies based on market research and competitor analyses and execute the sales plan based on those strategies.
- Conduct sales follow-up and close sales with prospective customers.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team on promotional campaigns and industry events, and conduct follow-up contact with prospective clients generated from these activities.
- Document leads, opportunities, proposals, and related activities in CRM.
- Participate in regular Business Development team meetings and meetings with key Medical Information (MI) and Pharmacovigilance (PV) business unit stakeholders.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelors degree, ideally with a focus on Life Sciences.
- Five (5) years direct experience in the EU Life Science Industry, preferably in Medical Affairs (PV, MI) or Commercial Sales or a relevant role; Germany-based a plus.
- Bilingual - German (native), English (Fluent), living in or near Germany.
- Thorough knowledge of European-based Life Sciences industries and established relationships with industry leaders.
- Subject matter knowledge of Medical Information (MI) and Pharmacovigilance (PV) business functions.
- Leadership, communication, collaboration, negotiation & persuasion, project management, planning, and facilitation.
- Ability to craft and deliver effective presentations.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, and business acumen skills.
- High level of ambition, resilient and flexible - able to deal with ambiguity and change, within a midsize but high-growth business.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CRM Software.
- Strong customer orientation, with a focus on quality and details.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English and German).
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***