EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Business Development Manager - Space
The Business Development Manager- Space will identify and secure commitments and partnerships to deliver growth of incremental and new business. The position will be responsible for identifying new markets and product opportunities along with expansion of existing products with our key space partners.
The person will be part of a highly committed, responsive and experienced team with a high sense of ownership and shared accountability for the success of business and exceptional customer service.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, execute, and lead our sales strategy, product/technical roadmaps, and objectives to secure strategic long term customer relationships for our Space business
- Collaborate and strategize with business management, program managers, contract managers, and engineering experts on opportunities, challenges, solutions, , related to new business and new customer opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate competitors activities, competing products, and market strategies
- Participate in sales forecasting activities and S&OP process. Direct the growth strategy in the space market
- Work closely with technology/engineering departments to assure customer needs are met
- Meet with key customers to develop and grow the relationship as well as negotiate and close opportunities
- Own (Manage, develop and grow) the execution of key account plans and strategies
- Prepare periodic sales reports (sales volume, potential sales, proposed client base expansion, etc.)
To succeed in this position, you must:
- US. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university (technical degree highly preferred: electrical, chemical, systems engineering or related discipline); MBA desired
- Minimum of 5 years proven technical, business development, sales experience in Space applications/markets
- Existing network of customer contacts within the Space industry preferred
- Proven track record of leading customer programs, profitable sales growth, successful customer account management including new business development opportunities across a wide range of customers and end use applications
- Position requires regular travel to customer locations but does not require relocation.
- Effectively present information and respond promptly (peers, managers, clients, customer needs)
- Excellent problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to address expeditiously and pragmatically
- Autonomous and self motivated: action-oriented with demonstrated success in achieving established goals such as new business development for both new and existing accounts
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex customer base and adaptive/perceptive to continuous changes in fast pace environment
- High level of technical acumen, organizational and analytical skills; ability to understand and effectively communication matters of battery technology, applications, and performance criteria
- Problem Solver: Ability to identify specific customer challenges and needs with the technical acumen, creativity, and adaptive approach to work thru them, both technically and in a business relationship
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as CRM Systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative interactions and influence all organizational levels.
- Possess, model and support highest standards of honesty, integrity, teamwork and accountability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.