Business & Financial Analyst - PR3M
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? Were growing quickly and were looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Business and Financial Analyst for PR3M will assist with research, underwriting and bidding on fee management portfolios. This position plays an integral role in assisting the firm with accurately forecasting portfolio operations, leasing and rental rates for portfolios we are attempting to on-board. The analyst will use proprietary systems, sub-market analysis and big data to estimate rents, absorption and ongoing operational expenses for both BFR and scattered SFR portfolios. Through various platforms and methodical analyses, the Analyst is expected to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of market(s), including, rental rates, property values, competitor activity and potential management opportunities.
- Underwrite, analyze and generate proforma of operations for single-family home portfolios that the firm is bidding on management.
- Carry out market specific research of rental rates, absorption, RE Taxes and general operating costs.
- Work with the EVP on the creation and maintenance of management pipeline by effectively utilizing market knowledge, trends, available data, proprietary tools and platform
- Works cross functionally to participate in acquisition of new clients/portfolios, underwriting, operation, on-boarding and owner communications
- Assist with portfolio performance tracking, identifying trends/opportunities, creating weekly performance reporting using BI and other databases.
- Assist operations with data, trends, client meetings and performance
- Fulfills ad hoc requests from EVP, VP, On-Boarding Manager, PMO other stakeholders as needed
- Bachelors degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Previous experience as a financial, revenue, real estate, or banking analyst
- Prior real estate and underwriting experience preferred, not required
- Experience with property valuations and market data preferred, not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Power BI and Power Point) as well as other computer applications
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively with the ability to interact effectively inside and outside the organization
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.