Priority Payment Systems
Business Intelligence Analyst II
Responsible for production & development of analytics solutions as well as producing accurate and timely management information, analytics and insight in the form of interactive dashboards, standard-distribution reports and trusted data-sources. You will also be responsible for working with the Business Intelligence leader to identify opportunities to change how we use data and provide relevant insight to key stakeholders to drive data-based decision making.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
- Maintain / monitor existing ETL and reporting.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of analytics to help drive data-based decision making and process efficiencies.
- Assist in the development of tools to monitor and measure portfolio/departmental interests.
- Demonstrate high level of data analysis skills and knowledge of systems and tools.
- Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Contributes to specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
- Provide consultation to users and cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Participates in problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates fair judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Support of ongoing projects, especially through data-driven analytics.
- Suggest value-add solutions and activities to create a fit-for-purpose suite of analytics.
- Ensure the team maintains a sound knowledge of system data tables and data that sits within them.
- Demonstrable knowledge of manipulating, analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- Finance or Compensation experience (an understanding of basic concepts, revenue, key data components used in finance).
- Technology skills encompassing spreadsheet and database work.
- SQL programming experience (preferably SSMS - SQL Server Management Studio).
- Visual Basic experience (SSIS - SQL Server Integration Services).
- T-SQL & Stored Procedures.
- Experience of analytics in financial services.
- Worked in finance or compensation/residuals (payments industry).
- Experience of using Data Visualization products (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
- Degree in Data Analytics/Computer Science and/or prior work experience in Business Intelligence-type function preferred.
- Methodical approach to tasks ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Logical approach to tasks leading to analysis and improvements.
- Database interrogation.
- Information gathering.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding Issues.
- Possess a passion for continuous improvement.
- Good presentation skills, explaining insight to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Convert detailed analysis into clear and actionable solutions.
- Creative approach to problem solving, identifying practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales, while maintaining quality.
- Must be adaptable to changing needs and circumstances.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement