Business Intelligence Data Analyst I (Remote)
This position is REMOTE
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst I (BIDA I) is part of the Product Data team, reports to the Student Data Manager and helps support data driven initiatives. The position is a blend of three areas including business intelligence data management, data analysis and document control, and governance of a Product Data support ticketing system. The primary focus is on post-matriculated student data and working with cross-functional teams to improve academic data. BIDA I will assist with survey related facets to create, administer and manage data dashboards within a business intelligence software system. The secondary focus is helping cross-functional teams identify gaps in data then develop processes to gather data and report it back to the cross-functional department as well as document control to ensure up-to-date documentation of all data related processes. The tertiary focus is to lead an initiative to create an internal ticketing support process to manage incoming Product Data requests. This position is part of a remote team so the position can be remote. Some travel with notice may be required for this position.
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVES
- Manage business intelligence software system and third-party software connections.
- Data process, maintenance, analysis and document control.
- Product Data ticketing system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Intelligence Software
- Review and validate customer data as it are collected
- Oversee deployment of data in business intelligence software
- Manage connection files between software systems
- Oversee ETL process and deployment of data
- Monitor analytics and metric results
- Train functional department teams to increase utilization of dashboards
- Creatively design database insights to help support Orbis and Orbis partners
- Develop requested reports
- Performs other data duties as directed.
Data process, maintenance, analysis, and document control
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection of data
- Collaborate with functional teams to discover and visualize insights to drive actions
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with staff, leadership and academic partners
- Develop operational knowledge of partner programs and operations to identify potential process improvements
- Analyze data flow and develop workflow charts for process improvements and data analytical processes
- Create and maintain data-related training materials
Product Data Help Desk
- Explore internal software ticketing system options to drive recommendation
- Lead initiative to rollout project to bring all Product Data requests into recommended system
- Manage support ticketing system after initial rollout
- Enthusiasm for helping others quickly resolve issues; have an overall comfort in a support role.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to a quality product.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic mentality.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to track, prioritize, and follow up on multiple projects.
- Must be technologically independent and able to work as part of a virtual team.
- Organization, motivation and self-discipline to work remote.
- At least 3 years experience data analyst or similar support role
- At least 2 years experience independently managing small-medium scale projects
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Experience working in an academic setting in higher education preferred
- Intermediate to advanced experience with business intelligence software, Sisense preferred
- Skilled in collecting, organizing and analyzing data
- Working knowledge of data management and reporting
Education and Certification:
Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business Intelligence, Business and/or Data Analytics preferred.