Arizona State University
Mesa, Arizona, United States
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST SR
Business Operations Specialist Sr
Arizona State University
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
This position is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated applicant to be part of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering School of Manufacturing Systems and Networks Engineering’s business team. Under general supervision, the Business Operations Specialist Senior is a key contributor to the unit, performing high volume of financial processes, including purchasing; staffing coordination; supports and internal controls. This position is intended to cover a broad range of financial responsibilities.
An ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines in a professional manner while working independently is essential for this position.
$50,000 - $62,400 per year; DOE
· Process travel for staff and faculty.
· Provide reimbursements for speakers, faculty and staff.
· Process purchases for the school, including labs purchases.
· Process payment for invoices received for goods and services.
· Process large equipment purchases with use of P Card and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
· Responsible for monthly account reconciliations.
· Responsible for p-card verifications.
· Responsible for journal entries and accounting adjustments.
· Provide work direction and oversight over the activities of assigned student workers.
· Remain current regarding all university policies, practices and regulations affecting the business and works closely with unit personnel to ensure compliance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Nine (9) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Experience providing financial and operational support in a higher education environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial transactions and budgeting.
· Experience with systems, including Workday, Concur, Docuware, Docusign, Payment Net and Microsoft Office.
· Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
· Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
· Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
· Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
· Use office equipment including a calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier
· This position receives general review of objectives
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty, and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
• Cultivate excellence.
• Deliver innovation that matters.
• Encourage bold thinking.
• Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
• Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4767467_5494