Business Systems Consultant 5 - ADA / Accessibility Researcher
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Human Resources develops and implements our "employees, candidates, and operational" strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, employee relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice. Our foundational success is based on the ability to operate efficiently, attract, retain, develop HR employees, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
As an ADA/Accessiblity Researcher you:
- Create governance strategy for American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance within our digital properties
- Identify accessibility issues and immediately address opportunities for correction
- Determine remediation strategy for non-compliant tools
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) as well as advocate for the voice of the team member to obtain an optimal user experience for all team members
- Are skilled in all forms of digital properties including web-based sites and platforms, social media platforms, emails, web-based chat and conferencing (audio/video/text), instant messages, push notifications, web-based in boxes, text messages, mobile software applications (Android, Windows, iOS apps), machine-to-machine application programming interfaces (APIs), and PDF creation
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with product owners and project managers to ensure they are knowledgeable about accessibility compliance
- Governing accessibility compliance within the design and development cycle
- Collaborating with UX researchers and UX designers to create concepts and prototype testing solutions that include accessibility features
- Consulting with developers as they create code or design artifacts to ensure coding best practices are followed and necessary accessibility coding is properly included
- Providing consultation, guidance and mentoring to QA analyst to assist them with properly identifying accessibility defects, documenting the defects and assigning correct severity levels
- Working with vendors to review and recommend remediation for non-compliant HR tools/applications
- Working with property owners to review and consult on any new or existing tool for accessibility compliance
- Consistently advocating for the team member to ensure ADA compliance across all of our tools and applications
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both demonstrated through work or military experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accessibility methods and standards, ADA Title III, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), or Section 508 compliance guidelines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certification in one or more of the following: IAAP CPACC, IAAP WAS or Section 508 Trusted Tester
- Expert in determining severity of accessibility defects and be able to explain the impacts to development team members
- Expert in understanding all roles involved with digital property development.
- Able to create accessibility artifacts that express the appropriate accessibility information in a manner understandable by technical and non-technical personnel
- Expert in use of accessibility tools including Jaws, NVDA, WebAIM WAVE Toolbar, Deque aXe, Deque WorldSpace, Level Access AMP, plus other tools.
NC-Charlotte: 8740 Research Dr - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
CO-Denver: 1740 Broadway - Denver, CO
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.