Diocese of Tucson
Posted over 1 month ago
St. Charles Apache Mission School
Job Title: Cafeteria Attendant Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: St. Charles Apache Mission School / San Carlos, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Cafeteria Manager, employee is responsible for assisting in the preparation and distribution of school lunches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the Parish/School by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The employee may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employees professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Shall give evidence of living Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of a personal faith journey; shall strive to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example in the employees professional and private life;
- Stock sales area before lunch periods, restock as needed during lunches.
- Assist in selling snack products during lunch periods.
- Store all food products properly after lunch periods are over.
- Assist in cleaning lunch tables after each of the two lunch periods.
- Manage food areas when other staff is not available.
- Assist in the preparation of any food for sale
- Comply with safety and food regulations as required; maintain a safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity; normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift, as required in a normal kitchen environment
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and climbing ladders.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, school community, and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; hours may vary depending on the needs of the school
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
- Be able to read directions and label safety warnings; must be safety-conscious
- Knowledge, skills and experience in handling janitorial equipment and maintenance tools
Education and Experience:
- high school graduate or equivalent education
- 1 years experience in a commercial kitchen
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
Covenants of Employment:
San Carlos is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.