The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Campus Monitor (PT)
LOCATION: Phoenix Family Services
STATUS: PT Regular 24/hrs/week
SCHEDULE: PT - Overnight Saturday and Sunday 7:00 PM-7:30 AM
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
** Must have the availability to work overnight **
- Must be physically fit to walk Herberger Campus as part of duties.
- Graduate of a certified Security Training Program, or one year of training and experience in the security field.
- Prior training in conflict mediation/resolution and or crowd management.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current Microsoft software and computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, as well as e-mail, and internal security systems and software.
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent detail, organization and file management skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting with other professionals.
- Ability to maintain a self-motivation and self-direction, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances including vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main function of the Campus Monitor will be to patrol all Herberger Campus properties, including TSA Divisional Headquarters, Ledbetter Warehouse parking areas and driveways to ensure transient, homeless and clients are not in restricted areas or sites prohibited by program policies. The Campus Monitor will also conduct periodic inspections of the facility and grounds through periodic rounds or CCTV monitoring to ensure security of facility. CM will deter criminal mischief by maintaining a visible presence within The Salvation Army’s Herberger Campus and Warehouse Annex. CM will Maintain a written journal (log); documenting routine inspections and times, activities, property conditions and infractions of policy. Campus Monitor must report any unsafe, unsanitary or unusual situations in writing including responding to calls for assistance. CM will maintain positive relations with homeless consumers, clients, staff and local authorities. CM must maintain a current log of persons trespassed from the property and enforce trespassing policy and record and file accident and injury reports with program administrators in line with TSA reporting protocols. Campus Monitor will develop and maintain files related to programs, properties, and general matters, according to Salvation Army guidelines. CM will answer incoming telephone calls, take messages and/or direct to appropriate staff members. CM must also attend staff meetings and assist in special activities and events, as assigned. Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Campus Monitor.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.