Steward Health Care System
Cardiac Echo Tech
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Performs routine and transesophageal echocardiograms of high quality on newborn, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. (TEE adult and geriatric only).
- Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on appropriate forms for physician review.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Assures an adequate amount of supplies are available.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with nursing units and outside physician practices. Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
- Accurately documents tests in logbook, appointment book, and computer scheduling system.
- Enters charges appropriately into hospital information system and documents recording physician according to established protocol.
- Maintains files and tape storage. Mails or faxes reports, as required.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with cardiologists.
- Graduate of an approved program in Echocardiography.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification Preferred.
- Candidates with on-the-job training and proven, documented competency may be considered.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.