Columbus, OH, United States
Caregiver / Direct Support Professional - $1000 Sign-On Bonus
**$1000.00 Sign-On Bonus for full time employees after 90 days of active employment with our agency.**
Living In Family Environments provides support to children and adults with developmental disabilities is currently seeking motivated and passionate Direct Support Professionals to assist individuals who have developmental disabilities in the Columbus area. Our goal is to provide proper medical oversight, quality care services, community-focused activities, and maintaining a positive team outlook.
We provide highly competitive Direct Support Professional wages as well as paid time off (sick leave/ vacation leave), 401(k) plan, and healthcare benefits (medical/ vision/ dental) for full-time employees. We allow room for growth within our agency and includes Assistant Team Lead and Team Lead positions.
2 years of experience assisting individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred but not required. We provide all necessary trainings and certifications to support our Direct Support Professionals.
Pay begins up to $14.50/ hour based on experience and location of services. We provide an initial 6-month wage increase followed by annual raises.
Essential Job Duties
• Assisting individuals who have developmental disabilities and medical care needs.
• Providing medical care, personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation, community access, and specialized developmental activities that are tailored to the individual receiving said services.
• Proper documentation of service delivery (time entries and daily charting).
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years of experience is preferred but training is available for those without. This includes provider training, First Aid/CPR, and medication administration classes for those who qualify.
• Part-time and full-time shifts. Hours vary based on the individual and their needs. 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd shift is available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.