The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Case Manager / Community Outreach Liaison
Location: Tempe Corps
Status: FT/40 hours/wk
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- BS degree in social work or related field required.
- Years of experience may substitute for education in a 2:1 ratio
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Demonstrate a positive attitude & an ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds & circumstances
- Able to maintain a non-judgmental demeanor, using a professional approach and maintaining boundaries with clients
- Able to handle crisis/emergency services for the homeless & working poor by utilizing crisis intervention, & conflict resolution skills
- A proven ability to maximize services with budgetary constraints
- Ability to quickly become proficient in Salvation Army approved Social Service programs, network requirements, and Link 2 Feed program from United Food Bank
- Computer literate & proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Publisher.
- Ability to work in an office setting & operate office equipment
- Type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and clean MVR & pass The Salvation Army Fleet Safety e-learning
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
Case & Program Management (60%)
- Responsible for case management & assisting in the operation of social service programs to include but not limited to:
- Food Bank
- Utility Assistance
- Heat Relief
- Rental Assistance
- Administer Justice
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner
- Christmas Assistance
- Angel Tree Tags
- Back to School
- Other on-site enterprise programs
- Oversee day-to-day case management protocols
- Maintain a client caseload
- Work collaboratively in striving to provide service excellence to clients
- Provide case management, determine eligibility, & maintain Intake and client records
- Monitoring costs, inventory control and distribution of funds and goods
- Oversee assigned staff and/or volunteers
- Secure and train volunteers, recording all statistics relating to same
- Promote, support and/or manage social service special events as assigned
- Secure outside vendors to aide clients (i.e., motels, transportation companies and other related providers who can assist clients)
- Responsible for record keeping and supplies
- Record and file (electronically) all casework documents for both The Salvation Army program and the Foodbank Link 2 Feed program
- Prepare and submit all required daily, weekly, and monthly reports and statistics
- Communicate social service supply needs to your supervisor in a timely manner
Community Outreach (30%)
- Assist Corps Officers with community outreach and networking to include but not be limited to the following:
- Tempe Community Action Agency
- ASU Dean of Students Office
- ASU Changemakers
- Downtown Tempe Homeless Services
- Tempe Human Services Department
- United Food Bank and Midwest Food Bank
Compliance & Program Development (10%)
- Observe and ensure all Salvation Army, city, county, state, and federal rules, regulations, and guidelines are followed.
- Research, create, & propose alternative methodologies of service delivery to extend outreach of social service programs.
- Develop and propose new programs to enhance current offerings of the Tempe Corps Social Service Department
- Work, in conjunction with the Divisional Social Service Director & Divisional Grant Writer, to enhance & expand programs
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position of Case Manager/Community Outreach Liaison
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.