The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
North Las Vegas, NV
Case Manager I - CIP
Location: The Salvation Army-Owens Campus
Position Summary: The Case Manager will provide direct case management services to all veterans residents with focus on CIP participants. They will facilitate the intake and discharge process as well as client orientation. Case Manager's will be responsible for the accurate and timely entry into the HMIS system. Case Managers will assist clients by coordinating care with VA personnel and others on behalf of participants for eligibility documentation, mental and physical health services. CM's will conduct outreach activities, including visits to facilities such as shelters, treatment programs, soup kitchens and other locations where homeless veterans may congregate.
· Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service related discipline. Minimum three years of related employment experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
· Experience working with homeless and/or at-risk veterans preferred.
· Experience in case management and/or individual counseling.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff and community partners.
· Must have a valid Nevada Driver License and clean driving record.
· Veteran Status Preferred.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.