The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Case Manager II
LOCATION: Herberger Center – Phoenix, Arizona
STATUS: FT Regular
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required (Two + years of experience as a family case manager in a major social service program may be substituted for a year of college education)
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Computer literate in MS Office Software
- Ability to demonstrate competency in provision of social services through education, volunteerism or previous work experience
- Ability to relate to persons in emotional crisis and to utilize crisis intervention skills
- Possess ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow agency staff and professionals from other agencies.
- Ability to complete documentation accurately in a timely manner, possess time management skills and be able to work independently
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Able to assist clients in preparation for return to permanent housing
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Case Manager II will develop case plans for the families in shelter that they may be successful in establish them in stable housing. Case Manager II will be responsible to fulfill the overall mission of The Salvation Army in the provision of services to program participants of the program in accordance with empowerment philosophy, support, assist, validate and provide case management with residents depending on individual case plan. CM II will monitor case plans with clients on a weekly basis. Upon first meeting CM II will determine client’s perception of problems, strengths, and needs, develop 3 mutually acceptable goals with the client and provide client with written copy of finalized case plan. CM II will assist the Program Supervisor/Director in maintaining a record of information that meets the needs of all concerned. Case Manager II is responsible for the reporting including case plan, records, that clearly show who is responsible for what activity. Family/person focused activities not program focused provider are needed. CM II must maintain Working knowledge of the State of Arizona statues and codes that have an impact upon our services to homeless and domestic violence families mandating the requisite reporting mechanisms. CM II may be required to represent The Salvation Army when interfacing with social service agencies, commissions, committees, and other groups. CM II will seek entry and exit decision in the absence of the Program Supervisor/Director. When assigned, Case Manager II will act as liaison with outside agencies to disseminate information regarding for the poor and homeless services that are provided by The Salvation Army. The Case Manager II will ensure that the program participants are given every opportunity to succeed by providing the necessary assistance to move from homelessness stable housing. CM II must be able to coordinate in case planning with Case Managers. This cooperative effort will include working with the family and the Case Managers who are serving their zip code so that the transition is stabilizing. Other related duties as assigned as they relate to the position.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.