Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Catering Sales Manager - $2000 Sign-On Bonus
Immediate Opening - $2000 Sign-On Bonus! $45,000/yr + Commission!
Responsible for the establishment of new relationships while maintaining existing relationships with accounts while consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote effective negotiation of services, and assist department in maintaining the daily operation of the Catering Department.
Represent the hotel and conduct events with customers by telephone or in-person to solicit catering business. Meets and entertains customers, conducts property tours, and promotes facilities and services. Responds to customers inquiries and negotiates contracts with customers and vendors.
- Assumes responsibility for the successful set-up and execution of meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to operational departments and staff members.
- Maximize revenue by selling open functions within a 30-day booking window with negotiated food & beverage minimums.
- Develops customer menus, drafts contracts and letters, as well as organizes all other arrangements as they relate to corporate events.
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Riverside Hotel Standards and policies.
- F. Re-book functions and follow-up with customers post event through proper tracing and booking dates.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of service standards.
- Attend necessary management staff meetings and be properly prepared for presentations, discussions, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of the maintenance and operating procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Make progress in your own personal growth development plan. Have clear-cut objectives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Observe all operations in such a manner as to encourage a smooth flow of business transactions with guests and patrons. Assist the staff with various problems encountered in guest relations or operations.
- Ensure coverage of the Catering Sales office to meet client demands.
- Ensure that all meeting/banquet facilities are clean and presentable.
- Handle walk-ins and inquiries for the hotel.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Existing work computer and knowledge of all applications required to do the job effectively
- Delphi – Sales & Catering Application
- Fax Machine & Xerox Machine