Centers Health Care
Central Supply - Medical Records Clerk
Central Supply / Medical Records Clerk
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare seeks an experienced Central Supply/ Medical Records Clerk for our Skilled Nursing Facility.
This will be a full-time position that will require the balance of responsibilities of two departments - central supply and medical records - which will overlap. This position presents the candidate with the opportunity to work alongside multiple contacts within the facility, which in turn will establish provides the opportunity for growth within the facility. Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
Central Supply Duties Include:
- Stocking both 1st floor and 2nd floor nursing stations with the appropriate nursing supplies
- Taking inventory inside the stock room, both nurses stations, and office
- Placing nursing supplies orders for the whole facility
- Unpacking all nursing orders that are placed
- Stocking Central Supply office with proper supplies to fulfill the facility's needs
- Keeping the Central Supply office as organized and neat as possible
Medical Records Clerk Duties will Include:
- Responsible to compile, process & accurately account for all medical records on each individual resident.
- Closing out medical charts as they are brought to you
- Copying and sending medical charts to the requesting attorneys offices
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Verify accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Maintain electronic health records databases.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Release necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Responsible for auditing and thinning all medical charts.
- Filing paperwork and making photocopies when needed
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Solid organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
- Experience in a Long-Term Care or healthcare settings is preferred.
- Should be friendly and a team player.
Patchogue, NY 11772
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premiere 120 bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long term care, short term care and Wound Care. Our dedicated short term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home.