St. Louis, MO, United States
Chef de Cuisine / Restaurant Managing Chef
Loews Hotels' Ballpark Village Live! Is now hiring a Chef de Cuisine to bring pallet tantalizing inspiration to our menus while managing the food centric operations of the high caliber dinning venues within the resort property. We are offering an attractive compensation package with full benefits including travel perks!
We are recruiting culinary professionals with a minimum 5 years experience with quality food production in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant and 3 or more years supervisory experience.
As the Chef de Cuisine you will coordinate and oversees the activities of all food production team members in the preparation of menu items for the three-meal restaurant - Clark & Bourbon, The Bullock, Bar Bourbon, River Market, and in room dining.
Your priorities will include to ensures that all food products are of the highest quality and are ready to serve in a timely manner. And you will be responsible for all kitchen food ordering, production, holding and storage. Additional scope includes selection, training, scheduling of all kitchen team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Achieve culinary operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify and resolving problems; determine system improvements; implement change. Assist in off premise and media relation events
- Develop new menu concepts. Develop, test, and cost out new menu items. Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all dishes prepared and sold in assigned area of responsibility
- Oversee and participate in methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste. Regularly inspect the quality and quantity of food items for all meal periods.
- Ensures culinary execution is consistent with branding elements of the foodservice outlet; check and approve all menu items and other food items prepared and ensure all items are prepared in an attractive and appetizing manner
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental team members according to Loews Hotels standards
- Follows New Hire Training and ongoing Star Service Competency program in accordance with hotel policy
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards and complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules. Remains current with hotel information and changes. Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
- Excellent culinary skills and knowledge of food productions techniques
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of kitchen equipment use and operation
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 50 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
- Outstanding management, organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of current market trends and techniques
- College degree preferred
- Five to Six years experience in quality food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
- Three plus years Supervisory experience in quantity food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
Licenses and Certificates:
- ACF certification as "Restaurant Chef" or culinary degree from recognized culinary institute and equivalent experience